Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Friendship... The Best Things In Life

"Friends are like pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up and sometimes they lean on you."


I had a great coffee chat with Brian this morning, my brother from another mother...hehe... then went and had a late lunch with Cheri... it was a beautiful day... my day off!
I didn't do any housework, I just talked to two of my closest friends..
I am so blessed in life to have the best people surrounding me. Sometimes we get so busy and preoccupied with everyday mundane things we forget to talk but I know they are always there and thats so comforting to know you have friends in your life that no matter where you go or what you do they are always there!
I have many many aquaintances in my life but I can count my closest friends on one hand... the ones that are there no matter what no matter when and for whatever reason!
Kim---she has gotten me through many a night of tears at many strange hours...I think we have gotten each other through a few of the hard times but its always nice to know she's there no matter what! Our daughters used to say they were twins as they were born only 24 hours apart and they are still the best of friends.
Rose---we go waaaaaaaaaay back , we have been friends, roommates, mad at each other, honest, watched each others kids grow up but she always makes me laugh and we can talk for hours and never be at a loss. Time can get away from us but once we get back together its like time never passed!
Cheri---I met her when I moved in across the hall from her in one of my first apartments about 20 years ago, since then we have been through a lot of changes in our lives but she has been ever constant in mine!
Brian---I call him my brother from another mother, I have known him now 7 1/2 years thats a long time for a friendship that started on the internet isn't it, I think we were destined to be friends, we have shared a lot been through a lot and yet our friendship still remains untouched. We shall meet in person one day... since he is only in California... we have talked on the phone many times but we are best at morning coffee chats, and long debates and funny stories...
Joshua---My partner in crime...haha! My closest companion, my strength, my lover, my man, the one that laughs at my jokes even when they are dumb, the one that tells me I am beautiful even when I look my worst, the one I want to be sitting next to in my rocker on my front porch when I am old and gray!
There are many things in life to be thankful for but I am most thankful for having friends that have stood the test of time and stood by me through the hard times and laugh through the rest with me, I am one lucky girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Create Your Own!
amazing counters
eBags Coupons