Sunday, August 13, 2006

Something fishy is going on!


Sunday night~ the weekend is over ~was a good one! We went to Bobs Classic last night for dinner and I tried a Blue Voltage drink it came in a small karafe and me not being a huge drinker had one eye already half closed by the time we walked out..haha~ good thing Josh was my designated driver for the night....hehe! We mostly went there because they had tv's and Josh wanted to watch the pre-season Seahawks game and we didn't feel like fighting the crowds at a place such as Applebees .... so I guess this is my plug for local eateries...hehe! Bobs is a local pub/eatery a toned down version of Applebees... I was really impressed with the fish and chips and I call myself a connoisseur of fish and chips, I have tried many places, Harts fish and chips has been one of my favorites as far as local places goes~~ but I must say Bobs is right up there. Good melt in your mouth perfect tender and crispy not soggy ... goooooood stuff if I do say so myself!
We decided since we are heading to Vegas in September that Josh would give me a few lessons in blackjack ... I am not a gambler but I could be a good banker... hehe! So we headed over to the Buzz Inn and called Cheri and she came down for a bit too... was nice to just get out of the house and I think Cheri felt the same way... I am ok with a small amount of gambling if I look at it as entertainment... otherwise throwing money into the incinerator well that just isn't my idea of fun... new couches now that is my idea of fun... woot woot! I mostly watched Josh play and learned what to hit and what not to hit... but I found that I have more fun watching the chips add up (if you get so lucky to win) and when he would get ahead of what we brought to play I would take a $5 chip here and there until we had what we came with...hahahaha I am so not a gambler!!!
On the way home last night once we pulled out of the parking lot we both were awed by the moon it was a bright orange~reddish color it was spectacular I could've sat and stared at it for hours... I think I saw a fish swim past it... hmmm?
I actually didn't cook one meal this weekend , I think I died and went to heaven... Josh took me out to Mexican tonight...I had fish tacos (just joshin')I had one GIANT chimichanga with of course rice and beans and all the chips and salsa you can eat... aaack my downfall.... and I am still so full and I couldn't even finish, the plates are so HUGE, roll me home now... but we are going on this healthy eating kick so I guess that was our last hurrah so we stopped at the grocery store on our way home to get fruits and veggies and Ben and Jerry's was on sale (the pint ones) so we each picked our flavor and brought them home, no more ice cream for a while, "sigh"... so I shamelessly plugged my favorite brand at the top of this post... "PHISH FOOD ROCKS!" hmmm I sense a fish theme in this post! Maybe I should go listen to some Hootie and the Blowfish and call it a night... ha somebody stop me!
Anyhoo I hope you all had a "tight" weekend , as Ryan would say... get with the program people! Now on to Monday and another week of work.... aaaack! Don't get yourselves into any fishy situations...haha!

Quotes and jokes for the day ~~

Why does seaworld have a seafood resturaunt?? ~
I'm halfway through my fishburger and I realize Oh my gosh, I could be eating a slow learner.....

Govern a great nation as you would cook a small FISH, Do not overdo it!

Peace All... G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Create Your Own!
amazing counters
eBags Coupons