Monday, August 14, 2006

Phone chat with my kids

I had a great phone chat with my kids today! Still would love to hug them but only 10 more days then I will be saying peace and quiet what is that! The funny thing is when they are home they are so busy with thier sports, thier freinds and working to save to buy a car etc. etc.. that I am lucky to get an actual conversation other then mom will you take me here or there, or whats for dinner? So this was exceptionally nice, they actually wanted to talk, a real conversation WOW!

I was trying to do some work putting some things in the computer when Beka called, at first told her I would call her back in a few minutes, something she totally ignored and kept right on talking~ so I put my stuff down and started listening... I mean really listening... Beka Boo has something to say, she talked of dads dog getting ready to have puppies and thier weekend camping trip, swimming , school supplies, her friends and when she gets home can so and so spend the night etc... her phone is broken so I had to call her back on the house phone as it kept cutting in and out, but she could've talked my ear off this morning... man I miss her!

After Beka and my conversation I talked to Ryan... usually he tells me the basics of what he is up to etc.. but today once I said ok kiddo I miss you and I love you, he all of a sudden started talking... he talked of school, friends and then life... we talked for almost 45 minutes... ok maybe that doesn't sound like much to you but we are talking about a 15 year old here... we laughed about a lot of things, talked of life and important things and some not so important, but was all good! I realize you know what... I actually ENJOY my kids and I need to listen more to what they are saying , I mean really listen!

I have two GREAT kids! They are growing up well and have thier own personalities (well they always did) but they are really coming into thier own... before I blink Ryan will be graduating highschool... I am going to enjoy them from this day forward they are awesome people... I am such a lucky mom to have been blessed in my life with the two of them! I always enjoyed them don't get me wrong... but they are actually not only my kids but great people with great minds! If I was choosing a new friend I would CHOOSE THEM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Create Your Own!
amazing counters
eBags Coupons